Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I do what I want.



I did not get my camera back the other day like I had thought, but tomorrow is the day! I did take some pictures with my incredibly uncool camera phone the other day so I'll show you those. I call it the Shakespeare's Glasses Photo Series:


It's the "Diva Rocker Tina" and the "Interior Designer Steve"






Guess what everyone! I get to be homeless for a week! Yeah, f that. Our new apartment complex is completely screwing us over. We were supposed to be able to get in there this weekend, like the 11th, which was sweet since I have to be out of my current place by the 17th. Well long story short, they screwed us over majorly about 3 times now. We now have to live in a completely different building (not the one we want and reserved) AND we cannot move in until the 25th. Luckily I will have somewhere to keep my stuff in the meantime. The whole moving twice thing is what I am really most pissed about. So if you know me and have a spare couch, let me know. I will be crashing people's places for about a week.

On another note, I've been thinking a lot today about life. I feel like I have grown so much and learned so much about myself this summer and in the past few months. I feel like I see life more clearly now. I know what I want out of life. I've never been so laid back about things. Like this whole moving thing for example. I didn't even know for sure where I would be living when I have to move out of my current place until about a week ago. I've just been so laid back about the whole thing which surprises me. Normally I am the kind of person who has that planned out months in advance. I've been living more in the moment and taking things in stride.

I have this overwhelming sense of optimism lately. I feel like everything that I have been going through, every person that I meet, every experience and encounter is supposed to be part of my life, stepping stones on the path. I don't always make the most logical choices, but I make the ones that I want to make, for ME. Basically, I do what I want. I have this sense that everything is going to work out. I'm happy where I am in life right now. I don't have all the answers. I don't have the one thing what I want, the one thing that I care most about. But things are going in the right direction, especially lately. Plus, I am surrounded by wonderful friends and family that make me smile every day. I also think I know what I want to do in the semi-near future. Some people might think I am crazy for it, but it's what I want. It might not work out perfectly as planned, but at the very least it will open me up to other experiences that will be part of my path in life because I know things are going to work for me. They already are.

No comments: