Monday, August 6, 2007

"The Game"

I get my camera back today, weee! I still can't wait to see the pictures that were taken that fateful night that I left it.

Also, today is going so well. I got a surprise guest visitor for lunch AND tonight will be grand too.

On another note, I am reading this book called "The Game," and I am loving it. I was totally anti-reading this book when Steve and Chad were trying to get me to read it for a long time, but I finally gave in. It is about pick-up artists which I thought was stupid, but after beginning to read it, I realized there is much more to it. One, it is very well written and cracks me up every time I open it. Two, it is really about social interaction, one subject that completely interests me, hence the fact I majored in Communication.

When I saw a preview for this new show "The Pickup Artist" on VH1, I was way too excited. It is based on the book with one of the main characters, Mystery. I can't wait to see just what he really looks like and how he acts. I want to see his "Game" in action. Just the other day I was thinking how great of a reality show could be made based on this book, and now there is this. Ask and you shall receive. So I'm really excited to watch this tonight, because I am a dork. It really should be interesting though, at least to laugh at.

2 comments:

Nick said...

is this book the same as the movie THE GAME? where the main character had a birthday and then some crazy things start to happen?

Alexis said...

It's actually about pickup artists. The full title is called "The Game: Penetrating the Secret World of Pickup Artists." Basically it's about how these guys learn to pick up women. Sounded stupid to me, but it's actually quite the social experiment.