Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cassie Steele Sings?

Wait, hold the phone, Cassie Steele sings? I had no idea! She's actually really really good too! Cassie is best known for her role on Degrassi: The Next Generation as Manny Santos.

Those of you who know me, you know that Degrassi was my complete obsession for so so long. I loved that show and it still holds a strong place in my heart. Yes, I did watch that show regularly until I was like 23 or so. I admit it. I will still watch it sometimes if the older seasons are on. I only recently started shying away from it in the past few seasons because most of the stellar cast is now gone & replaced with randoms that I don't think can hold a candle to the originals, like Cassie. Anyway, if you don't know me well, fyi for you.

Back to my point. Cassie posted a video of her singing her song Summer Nights & it was the first time I've heard her sing. I was really just blown away by it. I would have never guessed she had such a great voice on her. She should have been singing WAY more on the show. She seemed so cool & at home just chillin out on the floor singing with her guitarist. Very stripped down & honest, just her.

I need to go buy some of her stuff if I can find it. Check this girl out. I swear. Summer Nights has literally been running in my head since I first heard the song Monday.



Ok. End fun rant.

vc: CassieSteeleTV

No comments: