Friday, July 10, 2009

Rothbury 2009


Last weekend was officially the 2nd annual Rothbury Festival held at the Double JJ Ranch. No, unfortunately I did not go. I had the offer, but instead I went to spend some sun, fun, family, and friend time on the beautiful Chippewa Lake for the 4th of July.

I would have loved Rothbury I know though. There just weren't any bands that I was jumping at the chance to see though. Girl Talk, Chromeo, STS9, Cold War Kids, MSTRKRFT, and Damian Marley among others would have been pretty cool to see for me though. I'm not a big jam band fan though so not too much else stuck out. And I've already seen Bob Dylan when I was at the Austin City Limits Festival, so that was already crossed off my list. I would have highly enjoyed the whole feel of the festival and the fun art though.

In case you're interested, The MusicEdge Blog has a great review along with some great pictures and even video clips. Check them out or else be boring.

No comments: