Wednesday, March 4, 2009

To Any and All Beatles Fans


If you love, like, or even aren't sure about (which I'm not sure why you wouldn't be, but that's besides the point) The Beatles, see this post about the Beatles by JBev of JamsBio Magazine. I just found it for the first time thanks to @skinnermike who Twittered about it.

JBev takes all The Beatles' songs and ranks them along with a description on his opinions about them. Now, of course not everyone agrees with his rankings, but he backs up his opinions. It is a very interesting commentary along with some obviously great tunes.

Even if you don't really like or know much of The Beatles, this really breaks it down. There are plenty of songs that I still have not heard before so I'm pretty much going to be using this as my playlist for a good while. I feel the need, and really want to educate myself more on this highly influential band even though I already consider myself quite a Beatles fan.

Photo credit: The Beatles by Richard Avedon via Kill Gil's flickr.

Speaking of Richard Avedon, he's probably my favorite photographer, ever since I saw a show of his last summer in Paris. He does excellent work. More of his work can be found here.

No comments: