Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Whole New World

Did you know they can make holograms of people?! No, I am not talking about those little pictures that sort of change when you move them. I am talking about how you can use cameras at cleverly placed angles and then send your life size image somewhere to look like you are actually there, well sort of. Nick just showed me this, and apparently it was on CNN last night, so I'm not sure how I missed it since I was watching CNN for much of the night during the election coverage. Here is an example from CNN last night.

It's kind of very cool, science fiction-y almost. I WANT one of my own! Well, I want to be able to send myself like that like in place of a webcam or something. It would almost be like getting to see my boyfriend with whom I am in a long distance relationship. Cool.

Nick also just showed me this as well: augmented reality.

Cool again.

No comments: