Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Austin City Limits

Last week I had the pleasure of going to see the Austin City Limits Music Festival! Unfortunately since I drove down from Michigan (crazy, I know, but it wasn't bad at all), and I work during the week, I didn't get to see the Friday shows or Saturday afternoon shows. But I did get to see Saturday evening (by fluke I might add, and for FREE!) and all day Sunday. I went down with Steve and stayed with some close friends that live in Austin, Crystal, and Sean. They go every year so they showed Steve and I, the newbies, the way, in every aspect of enjoying the festival. They really showed us a great time so a big thank you to them.

So who did we see?

...MUSE!...

...The National...

...Ben Kweller...

...Common...

...Bloc Party...

...Regina Spektor...

...Ziggy Marley...

...The Decemberists...

...Ghostland Observatory...

...Bob Dylan...

...moremore&more...

Ok so of course Muse was the best. 1) I am in love with them, 2) They put on an AMAZING show, and 3) They just flat out rock. Everyone else was great too, except I did expect a little more from Ziggy Marley. I must admit too that unfortunately Bob Dylan was not very good, definitely not at the top of his game. He sounded like he was kind of struggling. Also, they wouldn't even show any closeups of him on the big screen. It was still cool to actually have a chance to see him play though.

Since the Decemberists were on at the same time as Ghostland, I had to pick the Decemberists and sadly had to miss Ghostland. It's totally alright though because the Decemberists were really fun. The other three saw Ghostland and said that they were so much fun. I believe it. They are a great band and if any of you haven't heard them before, you need to check them out. Now. Needless to say, I was sad to miss them.

The White Stripes were supposed to close Saturday night, but they had to cancel due to "Meg's anxiety issues"? They would have been really sweet to see, but all of Austin had to miss out. It's ok thought because that meant the Muse got the headlining spot to close the show. Still would've been cool to see both bands though.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alexis! Yes, Japan is wonderful I'm having a great time, glad you're enjoying my stories. As far as the pictures go, I load them with the picture loader and they all appear at the top of the post automatically, just like you said. However, if you sort through the html code and find where each pic begins and ends, you can highlight and drag the code for each pic to anywhere in the post. That's the only way I could figure out how to position them, not very high tech, but it works :)